Diatomaceous Earth For Parasites
You may be cringing at the idea of parasites roaming throughout your body. You may have even heard horror stories of 3-4 ft tapeworms that have caused people terrible health issues.
The truth is most of these bacteria are tiny and can only be seen through microscope. There is also a very good chance you have them.
But before we go any further, this doesn't make you gross or dirty or any of your other fears that are rushing through your head, because we come by them very honestly. Whether you have traveled, own pets, have been to a restaurant where they didn't wash your vegetables well enough, or even if you haven't washed your vegetables well enough, you are bound to be exposed.
So should we get rid of all bacteria? Well not so fast, research has shown that the body contains trillions of microorganisms that out number human cells by 10 to 1. WOW! Their small size, however, means that they only make up about 1 to 3 percent of the body's mass, but still play a very important role in human health. (1)
In the right balance, bacteria is needed for proper digestion, nutrient absoprtion, immunity and so much more! Probiotics, the good/beneficial bacteria in the gut, have a tremendously positive impact on our health and when they get out of balance, it leaves the doors wide open for candida and parasites, bad bacteria, to take over.
What kills my good bacteria
Plugging into technology too often
How do I know if I have parasites?
The following symtoms can be a sign of parasites:
Gas and bloating
Loss of appetite
Eating more than normal but still feeling hungry
Blurry or unclear vision
Drooling while sleeping
Grinding teeth while asleep
Dark circles under eyes
What is diatomaceous earth?
Diatomaceous earth is made from the fossilized remains of aquatic organisms called diatoms. Rich in silica, these diatoms accumulate in rivers, streams, lakes and oceans.
Note: It is important to buy food grade diatomaceous earth.
Do not inhale, as it can be damaging to the lungs.
How does diatomaceous earth work
Diatomaceous earth is commonly used in skin products, foods for human and pets to eliminate free radicals, gardening for insects, parasites and other harmful micro organisms. Binding to the microorganisms, D.E. has a drying effect to kill off the bad bacteria.
In the case of parasites, D.E. binds to the bugs and dries them up like beef jerky! Yum, right! Studies have indicated this is an effective treatment for parasite control. (2)
How to take diatomaceous earth
Take about 1 tsp of food grade diatomaceous earth once per day in water.
Drink at least 2 litres of water each day to avoid constipation, if constipation persists, pair back to 1-2 tsp of D.E.
Over a weeks period increase to 1 tbsp once per day in water.
Take diatomaceous earth for 15 days, then take 5 days off and then continue your D.E. for another 15 days. Parasite eggs will not hatch under undesirable conditions, which is why the 5 days off allows remaining eggs to hatch before you go into your final 15 days of cleansing.
Often parasites will go out kicking and screaming, after all we are evicting them from a cozy, well fed environment. You may experience die off symptoms of headaches, flu-like symptoms and fatigue. If nausea occurs, increase fibre and water and make sure you are having 1-2 bowel movements per day.
GRAB MY FREE 'HEALTHY GUT' CHEAT SHEET